THE FURIES by KENNETH LAMPL & KIRSTEN AXELHOLM
Scare Flair is thrilled to announce the original motion picture score to Tony D'Aquino's hit film The Furies by Kenneth Lampl and Kirsten Axelholm available on cassette for the first time, as well as the first time on any format.
One of the most watched films on Shudder since its release, the Tony D’Aquino Australian survival horror slasher has been building itself a cult following for its inventive kills, excessive gore, and hammering score.
The Furies tells the story of Kayla, a young girl who is kidnapped. When she wakes up in a black coffin in the middle of a forest she quickly learns that she and others are being hunted by a group of masked men as part of a deadly game. The film is a mash-up of The Running Man meets Friday the 13th.
The score is a tension filled orchestral murder spree that does not let up throughout the film. It’s a pummeling masterwork of precise timing, tempo, and dread. How exactly do you write music to a scene involving a masked madman using an axe to slice the skin off a woman’s face? Lampl and Axelholm were tasked with just that, and they killed it!
Kenneth Lampl has scored over 100 films, and recently released the score to the hit film Sissy. He studied film composing under a fellowship with John Williams.
This special cassette release features new artwork by artist Brad Mrock, and includes artwork not included in the vinyl edition. We also designed a black slipcover that mimics the Beauty/Beast coffins seen in the film.
THE FURIES SCORE FEATURES:
- First time available on any format
- Complete score sourced from the original masters by composer Kenneth Lampl
- Killer new artwork by Brad Mrock, including artwork not used on the vinyl release
- Available in Beauty Pink or Beast Blue Shells
- Limited to 25 units of each color
- Includes a Deluxe Black Coffin Slipcover - First Run Only!
- Dolby B Noise Reduction
- Professionally Manufactured
- Mastered by Jesse Mangum @ the Glow in Athens, GA
“Uses the orchestral like a murder weapon!”
- Screen Daily
“A badass soundtrack. 4 out of 5 skulls”
- Rue Morgue (Nov/Dec 2022 Issue 209)